To qualify for a Needs-Based Grant, participants must be registered in Early Achievers and participating at a Level 2, or be rated a Level 2, AND at least one of the following:
- Enrolled in the Tier 1 food program, or
- Live within a school district that serves at least 20% low income children based on OSPI data (eligible school districts include those where at least 20% of students receive free or reduced-price meals. To determine if a school district is eligible, visit the K-12 Data and Reports page on the OSPI website here).
- Complete a Needs-Based Grant application form and spend plan and submit to the Department of Early Learning.
- Complete the registration form to register as a vendor of Washington State by submitting the Statewide Payee Registration form and W-9 to the Department of Early Learning. Registration should be completed using the facility/business name as funds will not be awarded to individuals or employees. A payee registration and W-9 must be submitted prior to receiving a grant.
- Both forms may be faxed to: (360) 725-4417 or mailed to: Department of Early Learning QRIS, Attn: Needs Based Grant, PO Box 40970, Olympia, WA 98504-0970.
- Materials to improve scores on the Environment Rating Scale (ERS) or Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS).
- Curriculum development and instructional materials.
- Substitute time.
- Training/professional development.
- Other supplies or equipment to improve program quality, as approved based on the application spend plan.
- Spending restrictions apply. Information on disallowed costs can be found in the Early Achievers Participant Operating Guidelines.
*Forms linked in this post will be available in Spanish and Somali soon.