The Preschool Development Grants opportunity was announced on Aug. 13. Applications are due by Oct. 14. Washington is currently drafting our application, and conducting outreach with key stakeholders to help inform it.
A key focus of the application will be helping our state infuse some of the essential quality elements into state-funded pre-k:
- Full school day programs (at least 5 hours)
- Highly trained and supported teachers with professional qualifications and compensation
- Evidence-based curriculum
- Access to comprehensive services (health, nutrition, family support)
- Rich learning environments and adult-child interactions
Find out more about the grant, and how you can be involved, at http://www.del.wa.gov/care/find-hs-eceap/federalgrant.aspx