This October marks the 30th Anniversary of the passage of Public Law 99-457,which established early intervention and mandated preschool special education services as part of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). These early childhood programs have played a critical role in improving results and upholding the rights of infants, toddlers, and preschool children with disabilities and their families.
Do you know a family that has benefited from early intervention services made available through the IDEA programs? Invite them to share their story with DEL or the Office of Special Education (OSEP) using the following social media platforms.
- Be sure to follow DEL on Facebook @WashingtonDEL and share your stories.
- Please follow DEL @DEL_wa and OSEP on Twitter, and tweet using #babyIDEAis30 hashtag.
- Check out DEL’s YouTube channel and OSEP YouTube channel for videos from parents, policymakers, researchers, practitioners, advocates and more.
- Stay tuned to the OSERS Blog and DEL’s Blog at DEL Connect where we will share personal stories from those affected by the passage of PL 99-457.
- Visit OSEP’s 30th Anniversary webpage for more details on all of the activities.
The next SICC meeting will be held on October 19, 2016, at:
Wenatchee School District Board Room
235 Sunset Avenue
Wenatchee, WA 98801
The SICC meeting will be held from 9:00 AM –3:00 PM, and plan to join us immediately following the SICC for the anniversary celebration for PL 99-457!
If you have questions, please contact: email@example.com.